Restoring Pedro Point Headlands
The Pacifica Land Trust is beginning the process of restoring the beauty and health of the Pedro Point Headlands. Together with the community and partner organizations we are working to heal this unique coastal ecosystem and improve the trails.
- Compiled the questions and comments from our public meeting on September 10, 2015, at the Pacifica Community Center into this document: Summary of 9-10 Public Meeting.
- Draft technical background reports completed:
- Completion of the 30 Percent Restoration Plan and 30 Percent Trail Improvement Plan. The first public meeting to discuss the plans is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 10, 6:00-8:00PM at the Pacifica Community Center.
- Fall Creek Engineering was hired to conduct the design, planning and permitting to restore the serious damage from past OHVs. Learn more.
- Volunteers in the stewardship program meet monthly to care for the land. Volunteers grow and plant native trees, shrubs and wildflowers – and provide a variety of crucial help. Learn more.
- The Pacifica Land Trust received a Measure A grant from San Mateo County. Learn More.
Sign up for updates about our volunteer work days and updates on our effort to restore Pedro Point
The Pacifica Land Trust (PLT) is taking the lead to manage the restoration of the Pedro Point Headlands. If you enjoy the Headlands, please consider a tax-deductible donation to PLT.
UPCOMING WORK DAYS
- September 20, Sunday
- October 25, Sunday
- Summary of 9-10 Public Meeting
- PPH Draft Geologic Evaluation
- PPH Draft Biological Resources Assessment
- PPH Draft Cultural Resources Report
- 30 Percent Restoration Plan
- 30 Percent Trail Improvement Plan
- Press Release: Public Meeting Pedro Point Headlands Restoration & Trails Project
- Press Release: San Mateo County Measure A Grant to Restore Lands and Build Trails at Pedro Point Headlands
- Fact Sheet