Restoring Pedro Point Headlands
Located between San Francisco and Half Moon Bay, Pedro Point Headlands offers a spectacular 255-acre landscape, three miles of trails and stunning views. At the same time, the Headlands suffers from persistent erosion, caused by past off-highway vehicle (OHV) use. Sediment runs into San Pedro Creek, harming fish, frogs and other wildlife.
The Pacifica Land Trust has begun the process of restoring the beauty and health of the Pedro Point Headlands. Together with the community and partner organizations we are working to heal this unique coastal ecosystem and improve the trails.
- Go Native, a local habitat restoration company, has kicked off the 2017 Pedro Point Headlands Restoration and Trail Improvement Project summer construction season. Before the rains hit, contouring was refined and erosion control fabric and wattles were installed to ensure that all construction areas would be safeguarded from erosion. The new trails did well after the winter rains.
- For hikers, all the trails remain open. A kiosk has been installed at the trail head of the South Ridge Trail. Please refer to the kiosk for updates on the project.
- To ensure that the headlands is resistant to the expected changes from climate change, a high-diversity of species will be planted to enhance resilience.
Get Updates on PPH and Volunteer Opportunities
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Volunteer Waiver Form
Click HERE to download our Volunteer Waiver Form.
2017 WORK DAYS
More opportunities available for volunteers interested in working at the nursery. Email email@example.com
LOVE THE HEADLANDS?
If you enjoy the Headlands, please consider a tax-deductible donation to PLT.
- 75 Percent Restoration Plan
- 75 Percent Trail Improvement Plan.
- Final PPH IS-MND.
- Summary of 9-10 Public Meeting
- PPH Draft Geologic Evaluation
- PPH Draft Biological Resources Assessment
- PPH Draft Cultural Resources Report
- Press Release: Public Meeting Pedro Point Headlands Restoration & Trails Project
- Press Release: San Mateo County Measure A Grant to Restore Lands and Build Trails at Pedro Point Headlands
- Fact Sheet