Restoring Pedro Point Headlands
The Pacifica Land Trust is beginning the process of restoring the beauty and health of the Pedro Point Headlands. Together with the community and partner organizations we are working to heal this unique coastal ecosystem and improve the trails.
- The Mitigated Initial Study – Negative Declaration (IS-MND) is now available for the public to review and comment. The document can be downloaded HERE. Please submit your comments by March 23rd at 5 pm to Samuel Herzberg, Senior Planner, AICP at email@example.com. A public hearing on the CDP has been scheduled for May 11th at San Mateo County.
- The questions and comments from our public meeting on September 10, 2015, at the Pacifica Community Center were compiled into this document: Summary of 9-10 Public Meeting.
- Draft technical background reports completed:
- Volunteers in the stewardship program meet monthly to care for the land. Volunteers grow and plant native trees, shrubs and wildflowers – and provide a variety of crucial help. Learn more.
- The Pacifica Land Trust received a Measure A grant from San Mateo County. Learn More.
LOVE THE HEADLANDS?
If you enjoy the Headlands, please consider a tax-deductible donation to PLT.
Sign up for updates about our volunteer work days and updates on our effort to restore Pedro Point
UPCOMING WORK DAYS--2016
- February 28
- March 20
- April 24
- May 22
- June 26
- July 31
- August 28
- September 18
- October 30
- November 27 "Escape to the Headlands"
- 60 Percent Restoration Plan
- 60 Percent Trail Improvement Plan
- Initial Study - Mitigated Neg. Dec. (IS-MND)
- Notice of Intent
- Summary of 9-10 Public Meeting
- PPH Draft Geologic Evaluation
- PPH Draft Biological Resources Assessment
- PPH Draft Cultural Resources Report
- 30 Percent Restoration Plan
- 30 Percent Trail Improvement Plan
- Press Release: Public Meeting Pedro Point Headlands Restoration & Trails Project
- Press Release: San Mateo County Measure A Grant to Restore Lands and Build Trails at Pedro Point Headlands
- Fact Sheet