Restoring Pedro Point Headlands
Located between San Francisco and Half Moon Bay, Pedro Point Headlands offers a spectacular 255-acre landscape, three miles of trails and stunning views. At the same time, the Headlands suffered from persistent erosion, caused by past off-highway vehicle (OHV) use. Sediment runs into San Pedro Creek, harming fish, frogs and other wildlife.
The Pacifica Land Trust is working to restore the beauty and health of the Pedro Point Headlands. Together with the community and partner organizations we are working to heal this unique coastal ecosystem and improve the trails.
- Go Native, a local habitat restoration company, has completed the Pedro Point Headlands Restoration and Trail Improvement Project. Trail contouring and erosion control fabric and wattles have been installed to ensure that all restoration areas will be safeguarded from erosion.
- For hikers, all the trails are open. A kiosk has been installed at the trail head of the South Ridge Trail. Please refer to the kiosk for updates on the project.
Volunteers in the stewardship program meet monthly to care for the land. Volunteers grow and plant native trees, shrubs and wildflowers – and provide a variety of crucial help. Local organizations, corporations, and schools are welcome to help out at the headlands. Attend an upcoming volunteer work day or help out at the native plant nursery. Send an email to volunteer@pacifica-land-trust
.org. Learn more.
- To ensure that the headlands is resistant to the expected changes from climate change, a high-diversity of species will be planted to enhance resilience. Learn more.
Get Updates on PPH and Volunteer Opportunities
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates on the Headlands, as well as volunteer opportunities.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Volunteer Waiver Form
Click HERE to download our Volunteer Waiver Form.
2018 WORK DAYS
LOVE THE HEADLANDS?
If you enjoy the Headlands, please consider a tax-deductible donation to PLT.
- 75 Percent Restoration Plan
- 75 Percent Trail Improvement Plan
- Final PPH IS-MND.
- Summary of 9-10 Public Meeting
- PPH Draft Geologic Evaluation
- PPH Draft Biological Resources Assessment
- PPH Draft Cultural Resources Report
- Press Release: Public Meeting Pedro Point Headlands Restoration & Trails Project
- Press Release: San Mateo County Measure A Grant to Restore Lands and Build Trails at Pedro Point Headlands
- Fact Sheet